Water Damage in Downtown Chicago Needs Professional Mitigation
hat Makes SERVPRO a Premier Water Damage Mitigation Service in Downtown Chicago?
Apart from ruining your property, water damage at your Downtown Chicago home can disrupt your normal lifestyle leading to stress and uncertainty. Professionals can help get your water-damaged home back in order and ease some of that stress. However, it is crucial to pick a restoration service that is experienced, qualified, dedicated, and driven.
SERVPRO’s team of highly trained technicians has a focused approach to water damage mitigation in Downtown Chicago that is both fast and effective. Our technicians adhere to the standards recommended by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) throughout the process. The Official SERVPRO Downtown Operators make the process as transparent as possible and keep you in the loop at every level, so you know the actual state of progress.
Remediation Procedures for Water Cleanup
Water damage restoration involves several work activities in a highly synchronized manner. Once the SERVPRO techs arrive at the site, they set up a staging area from where all the restoration activities are coordinated. We put a lot of stock in organizing the staging area for improved efficiency.
The remediation procedures involve the following steps:
- Ensuring the safety of occupants and workers: Some water damage instances contain significantly contaminated (Category 2) or grossly contaminated (Category 3) water requiring special safety considerations. While gloves are usually enough for Category 2, Category 3 water requires more extreme measures, including evacuation of occupants and PPE suits for workers.
- Establishing engineering controls: It is crucial to limit the spread of contamination to unaffected areas of the building, and to minimize this cross-contamination, SERVPRO techs establish appropriate engineering controls. Containment chambers equipped with negative air machines (NAM) are set up to limit the flow of the contaminated air.
- Extraction of water: Standing water, if present from storm damage, needs to be extracted along with any solid waste, silt, and debris. SERVPRO techs use extractors, submersible, and trash pumps to get the job done.
- Humidity control: Techs install dehumidifiers to control the humidity and minimize moisture migration, potential secondary damage, and microbial amplification.
- Cleaning and decontaminating: Pressure washing, wet cleaning, and HEPA vacuuming is done to clean and decontaminate the exposed materials. If the decontamination is not accomplished by cleaning alone, techs use appropriate biocides.
Equipment SERVPRO Techs Use During Water Mitigation
SERVPRO techs can have fast and efficient water mitigation in your Downtown Chicago home using several industry-grade equipment and products capable of handling all size disasters.
- Inspection devices such as moisture sensors and Thermal imaging cameras help restorers locate the areas of the structure into which moisture has intruded. Moisture sensing devices also allow the restorers to track the progress of the remediation process.
- Extraction equipment like extraction units and pumps are an integral part of the restoration process.
- Air movers (producing high-velocity airflow) enhance evaporation by introducing airflow at the surface level, replacing the cool, saturated boundary layer with warmer, drier air from dehumidifiers while sweeping water molecules into the air.
- Dehumidifying equipment extracts the excess moisture from the air reducing the humidity ratio to speed up the drying process.
SERVPRO is committed to serving the Downtown Chicago community with industry-leading restoration and mitigation service. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster and work tirelessly to get the job done the right way. From small spills, major plumbing failure, to stormwater flooding, you can rely on us to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236 with any questions or queries. Our techs are available 24/7 to assist you.